Monday, April 29

MONDAY MOTIVATION: Are You Interesting?


What makes one person more interesting than another? Picture yourself in a room surrounded by different types of people, isn’t there always something that makes at least one person stand out to you and to seemingly everyone else in the room? They are not always the best looking or the most charismatic but something about that person keeps you captivated and wanting to be in their presence, wanting to hear what they have to say.

Over the past month or so, I’ve been in B-school, created by a really awesome, fun and inspiring womyn named Marie Forleo. If you haven’t heard about her, then I definitely suggest you look her up! While I am learning so much about how to take my brand and business to the next level, the thing that I really respect and appreciate about Marie is that she has found a way to be successful by being her own interesting self. She is not the typical business womyn or advisor that most people may think of (stiff, serious, etc) but she has found a way to use her fun and quirky personality to draw people in. I can relate to this, because when I was starting out I used to think that I had to look and act a certain way to be a successful artist. But, its only when I decided that all I can be is me and that I want to tell my unique story is when I truly started to become successful and people started to pay attention.

I was recently watching a video interview that she did on her YouTube Channel with a womyn named Sally Hogshead about learning how to tap into your own natural abilities in order to be your most interesting self. Whether you are trying to be successful at work, in building your own business or even if you want to meet new people, it’s important to figure out exactly what you have that will draw people in. What can people buy into about you that will keep them captivated? Maybe you are funny, or really passionate about a subject or kind and nurturing, these traits are your selling points so learn how to work them!

Check out the video below for the interview.

What do you think are your unique selling points? Take your shine in the comments section below. I would love to hear!

Happy Monday!




No comments: