Friday, April 19

Finding Time to Fit Fitness into Your Work Schedule

It's so hard to find time to work out right? Especially when changing into your gym clothes, working up a sweat and feeling the pain is the absolute last thing you want to do when you are being pulled in all directions in your life. We juggle so much between our work life (that for some of us does not always stay between the 9-5 hours), children, spouses or significant others, family and just any and everything that life throws at you to pay attention to.

The most common complaint from people is "I don't have / can't find the time to workout". Trust me, I know and it's hard. But there is time if you make getting healthy and feeling good a priority. I used to always have the same complaint where by the time late afternoon rolled around and it was time for me to get ready to workout I had every excuse and suddenly every plan and reason not to go. It becomes a battle between working out and going home to just relax after a long day. Or working out and hitting up a concert or show with my friends.

But although  I never thought of myself as a morning person previously, I've realized that for me waking up around 5 or 6 am to walk my dogs, do a bit of exercise and yoga is the best time for me to carve out some "me" time in the day and have found myself making less excuses not to. But everyone is different, some people find they are best able to commit to working out in the night or on their lunch break. Whatever the time, you just got to keep trying -trial and error- until you find what suits you the best.

What have you found helps to keep you committed to working out?

No comments: