Tuesday, January 22

Day 3 Millionaire Artist Challenge: Does Your Workspace Inspire You to Create Your Best Work?

Today evaluate your work space. Does it inspire you? Where do you do your BEST work from?  When I first bought my home I made a big deal about ensuring that I had an efficient working "office." So, I made sure I had a big desk top computer, a fancy desk, a "proper" office chair and a humongous filing cabinet! 

Yet, I never did any work in my fancy office!  I was much more comfortable sitting in my living room on my big comfy couch with my lap top on my lap!  I rarely went upstairs to my "office" unless I had to grab a file. Eventually it dawned on me that the reason why I liked working in my living room was, this was the space in my home that received the best direct sunlight. My living room has huge ceiling to floor windows. The windows also face the trees. And each morning while working I could watch the sun rise. I'm a morning person and I love feeling the morning sun on my face while I work! I also like sprawling out on the couch and having all my files and books nearby.

However, my original "office" upstairs, got no natural sunlight and  the 'view' was the brick siding of my neighbor's house! I'm now currently converting my screened in sun porch to become my new home office because it gets lots of sunlight and faces the trees. In order for me to be creative I need bright, airy, well lit spaces! I also prefer big chairs with over stuff pillows than fancy stiff office chairs and I like my lap top in my lap!

So, figure out for yourself where do you do your best work? Does your work space truly inspire you? Are you a morning person or a night person? Are you a person who needs to sit at a desk or do you prefer a big comfy chair? And remember if you want to be very effective, ensure that everything that you need is at your finger tips  including all your files! Don't waste valuable time like I did running up the stairs to grab files, pens etc! * I will give more office tips at the workshop on Feb 2nd.

Drum Roll please...The winner of Monday's Artist Challenge is Jordan Clarke who posted my Artist tip #1 on her Facebook page on Monday morning! Jordan please contact me via Facebook to claim your free ticket to the workshop!  You have 24 hours! 

Remember if you want to be a winner, it's easy either share the Millionaire Artist flyer on Facebook or Twitter, respond/comment on this blog post, and share it with friends, or change your status on Facebook to state, "I'm going to trey anthony's Millionaire Artist Workshop on February 2nd!" Remember to tweet or facebook me to let me know. It's that easy to WIN!!! 

Register for the workshop here: www.millionaireartist.eventbrite.ca

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I am truly glad that I happened upon your blog today...You really have some very worthwhile information here...I am sure that your Millionaire Artist Workshop will be equally inspirational and informative...

WAHM Shelley... :)