I shared with my Facebook friends that I am preparing to do a cleanse. Lately I feel like my brain has been foggy, I have not been sleeping properly, I've had crazy sugar cravings, I'm constantly feeling tired, and I'm tired of the eczema. I decided to follow the 14 day cleanse called the Candida Diet Cleanse. (I'll post a link at the end of the blog.)
I think doing a cleanse is almost hitting the reset button and giving yourself the chance to start over with a clean slate. Not only is it important to cleanse your body, but other areas that can benefit from a cleanse are:
1. Relationships/friends - online or offline - It's important to reevaluate the people you have around you. Are there people who have been draining your energy or bringing you negative energy? Have you been feeling guilty about not spending enough time with certain people? Maybe it's time for you to connect with those who have been on your mind. and disconnect with those who just don't fit in your life anymore (for whatever reason). Remember that people are in your life for a reason, season or a lifetime....so if their reason or season is over they have to go.
2. Goals - Yes! Cleanse your goals. Maybe not your long term goals, but take a moment to reevaluate your goals and make sure you are either a) on the right track or b) need to make a few adjustments to see your goals through to fruition. Make or update your vision board. Write down your 3 month, 6 month, 1 year, 3 year and 5 year goals. Make sure you aren't working in vain.
3. Home - I`m sure most of us can benefit from a little de-cluttering every now and again. Take a moment and go through those drawers - do you have clothes you haven`t worn in 6 -12 months? Donate them! Old makeup? Toss it! That gift that you got from someone and you're only keeping it because you feel obligated or guilty? Give it away! You're home needs to be a space of comfort and relaxation...fill it with positive energy!
4. Mind - I know we live in a technological society and that we are constantly bombarded with...well...stuff! But it's important to remember to take a few moments out of your busy day to renew your mind. For some it's mediation. For others it's writing in a journal or taking a walk. Do whatever works for you!
5. Body - Like I mentioned above I was tired of feeling sluggish. I was putting too many toxins in my body and it's just time to get back to basics. The link for the cleanse I'm following is http://www.thecandidadiet.com/candida-diet-stage-one.htm. But if that won't work for you, ask Google to help you out! Do a little research, find one that works for you, and stick with it! Doing a cleanse is not easy, but the benefits are incredible.
I will also keep you posted on progress of the cleanse along the way...GOOD LUCK with yours. And be sure to share your results with me!